Starting: Thursday 06/26/2014
Ending: Thursday 03/23/2017
- Start playing the piano again.
- Keep on track with clean eating for (at least) a month.
- Make a legitimate exercise regime and stick to it.
- Update my resume.
- Start, tend to, and utilize a vegetable/fruit garden.
- Run a 5K.
- Vacation in Europe.
- Do more volunteer work.
- Meditate everyday for 10 minutes, for 2 weeks straight.
- Start (and actually finish) the couch-to-5K program.
- Pick up my clarinet again and get to the skill level I was once at.
- Climb Mt. Katahdin in Maine.
- Watch a meteor shower.
- (Full) family vacation to the Outer Banks like old times.
- Cross off as many lighthouses as possible on my "Atlantic Lighthouse list."
No purchases from my local bakery for 2 weeks. No Starbuck's for a month.
- Buy Starbuck's/Dunkin Donuts/Tim Horton's for a random stranger.
No clothes, shoes, or accessories purchases for one WHOLE month. (That'll be tough.)June/July 2014
- Buy a DSLR camera.
- Make at least 10 care packages for soldiers overseas.
- Buy a new Subaru.
- Go to a midnight showing at a movie theatre.
- Read at least 7 new books. (I'm not much of a reader.)
- Pay for a random stranger's dinner at a restaurant.
FINALLY buy my dog. Embrace, wholeheartedly, turning 23 years old. (Ekk!!)
- Buy a fishing license and go fishing more with my dad.
- Visit Pittsburgh, PA.
- Go to Shelter Island, NY, and see where my grandfather was raised.
- Connect with distant relatives.
- Brush up on my U.S. history. (Good thing I kept my APUSH text!)
Write weekly letters/cards to my friend who is moving out of the country in the fall.
- Work on a second college degree.
- Come up with some sort of a financial/spending plan/budget.
No takeout for lunch at work for at least a week.
- Learn how to change a flat tire.
- Go to a horse race.
- Visit a new state.
- Go to Nova Scotia.
- Go to an NFL game.
- Go to a Pittsburgh Penguins game.
- Do something out of my comfort zone.
- Pay off (at least) half of my student loan.
- Learn to play ice hockey.
- Buy a stand up paddleboard.
Eat gluten free for two weeks straight.(January 2015)
- Bake and send out Christmas cookies to friends, neighbors, coworkers, and family.
- Go sledding in the winter.
- Go to an amusement park.
- Learn how to bake macarons.
- Go to the drive-in movies.
- Get a membership at the Y.
Quit my summer job after the summer of 2014.
- Go one full day with no internet, cell phone, computer, television, etc.
- Start attending church regularly.
- Go to bed at 10:00 PM for 1 week.
- Wake up early to watch the sunrise.
- Compete in a mud or color run.
- Donate to Toys for Tots during the holidays.
- Frame my vacation and lighthouse photos.
- Drink more water, daily.
Go on another boat tour.(July 2014)
- Put $5.00 away for every goal I accomplish.
- Start playing volleyball again.
- Learn how to use Photoshop.
- No caffeine for a week.
- Get an internship.
- Get up early and go to the café every Sunday for one month straight for work purposes only.
- Reconnect with an old friend.
- Stick with both my nightly and morning "beauty routines" for 3 weeks straight.
- Open an Etsy shop.
- No eating meat (except seafood) for 2 weeks.
- Go see a professional musical.
- Keep a notebook of a different thing I am thankful for every single day of the challenge.
- Connect with bloggers/make new blogging friends.
- Send out Christmas cards.
- Cook/bake 10 recipes from Pinterest.
- Watch 3 movies with Audrey Hepburn that I haven't yet seen.
- Watch the, full, first 5 seasons of SNL.
- Climb 3 lighthouses.
Have a picnic. Try 3 new foods.
- Go to a few polo matches each summer.
- Build a snowman.
- Send at least 5 emails to people who have inspired me.
Donate time and/or money to a worthy cause.
- Go apple picking in the Fall.
- Actually stick with my meal plans for 2 weeks straight.
- Develop a consistent blog posting schedule that works.
- Leave a 100% tip while dining out.
- Go see a professional ballet.
- Build a sandcastle.
- See a stand-up comedian.
- Buy my blog domain.
- Read every night for 3 weeks.
- Take a road trip.
- See a concert.
Try something new and weird at the State Fair.(August/September 2014)
- Pay every person I encounter for a day a compliment.
- Make a second 101 in 1001 days list!!!