Sunday, June 8, 2014

Keeping Things in Perspective

Do you ever have those days, moments, or weeks where you feel nothing is going "your way?" I, like many others, often feel like things aren't always going how I would like them to go and unfortunately I sometimes let that control my thoughts, actions, and attitude.

I am incredibly grateful for my job, but it sometimes leaves me feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. I deal with people daily, and I've quickly learned (as I'm sure many of you have also) that people are not always as kind or understanding as I'd like them to be. Sometimes people or situations overwhelm and annoy me so much that I find myself thinking truly awful and negative thoughts. It actually happened yesterday while I was at work, and that's why I'm feeling the need to post about it.

However, after all the negativity and frustrations sat a few minutes in my head, I realized how fortunate and blessed I truly am. I have a good job, and one of my favorite perks is that it's in a town with an insanely gorgeous lake that I can always take advantage of. This may sound odd to some, but how I get through my feelings of frustration is by thinking of that lake. The lake honestly puts things into perspective for me. I know that no matter how rough of a day I'm having I can just go to lake after work and sit or think for a few minutes and it totally brightens my mood, 100%.


As silly as it sounds the lake puts things in perspective for me. The lake is my place that erases those negative thoughts from my mind and makes me realize how great of a life I am blessed with. And I know, this post may seem a little sentimental or odd, but I've just been reminded how important it is to put things in perspective and really appreciate all that you do have.

What puts things into perspective for you? Do you have a lake or calming place you can go just to rationalize your thoughts and feelings? Whether it be a coffee shop, a body of water, or anywhere else, it really is so important to go to that place every so often to count your blessings and all that you do have.



xoxo UP ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment