Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things (is really hard)

I would be the world's biggest liar if I told you that this summer has been the best one ever for me. I'd also be lying if I told you that I've done everything (or even half of everything) that I planned to do. I'll be honest, summer 2014 was a little bit of a letdown for me, (don't you hate when you build things up in your head)?

The great plans of Summer 2014: get my life a little more in order (organized living space, clean eating, a stricter workout regime, etc.), spending more time with friends (especially my BFF who left to study abroad in the middle of August :'( ), making things happen with my blog, travelling, the list could go on...

It's hard to admit and come to the realization that my summer didn't all go as planned, but I'm slowly accepting it and telling myself, "it's okay."

It's okay because there were still some great moments. It's okay because I was able to work a lot (hello, paycheck). It's okay because I'm now more motivated than ever to not let myself down again. It's okay because life simply goes on.

It's okay, all is well, it is what it is.

 
I guess what I'm trying to say is that my life isn't what I'd like it to be right now, my blog isn't the greatest, and there are a lot of "what ifs?" at the moment. But I know that I will make it right, make it better, and I can't wait to try. I'm excited to start my blog up again after a brief hiatus and hope you'll (whoever is reading) keep following along!
 
xoxo UP <3

No comments:

Post a Comment