Monday, June 8, 2015

Motivation Monday: "No Great Thing Is Created Suddenly"

I recently came across this quote on Pinterest and it really has stuck with me the past few days. 
 
*image
 
I wish that I could tell you that I'm an amazing, naturally-gifted athlete, with the self control of an Olympian when it comes to diet and exercise. But alas, I am not. I have been trying for quite some time to transform my mind and body into more of an athlete's and have been really frustrated with the results. I don't think I would call myself a failure when it comes to those goals, but in my brutally honest opinion, I must admit that I'm not far from it.
 
I know diet and exercise isn't always that important to some people, but to me, it is. I may not be an athlete professionally (very far from actually), but it's always been a goal of mine to be more like one habitually. Simply put, I want to live the life of an athlete (minus the cool sponsorships [hey, Nike!], insane bod, travel perks, and the potentially large paycheck. Not saying I wouldn't take a single one of those, I just know it's not realistic. At all.)
 
My point in all this - I know I'm rambling - is that things take time. And as unfortunate as that seems to me at the present moment, I think that will only make me #betterforit (again, hey, Nike!) in the future. Sometimes I think everyone (definitely myself included) needs to be reminded of that every once and a while.
 
Thanks for listening to me ramble, just one of those posts that I had to get "out there;" ya feel me?! :-)
 
 
 
xoxo UP <3

No comments:

Post a Comment