Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Movie Review: Unbroken

I initially saw the film, Unbroken, in theatres when it came out in December, and had since been anxiously awaiting the Blu-Ray/DVD release in late March. To keep it short, this film is amazing; I was truly blown away! It's definitely one of my favorite movies now, and I couldn't recommend it more. Although I must admit, I am a ridiculously huge fan of the Olympics/athleticism/the strength that drives athletes and I also love U.S. history and WWII; so that's most likely why this film moved me so much.
 
*image

The film is based off a book of the same name, by Lauren Hillenbrand. It follows the true life story of a young Louis "Louie" Zamperini through his childhood, his Olympic running career, and his time spent in the U.S. Military as a prisoner of war in Japan. I have yet to read the book, but I'm hoping to in the near future. This film is incredibly moving, deep, and definitely sheds a light on a miniscule amount of what P.O.W.s faced during the second world war and America's war against Japan.

Unbroken official film trailer



xoxo UP <3



No comments:

Post a Comment